Undergraduate Admission Requirements
In order to become eligible for admission to the undergraduate degree programmes, the applicant should satisfy the following requirements:
- Have '0' level passes in Mathematics and English, which are compulsory and compose schedule A of the required courses;
- Have '0' level passes in either one or two subjects from schedule B, and; Have '0' level passes in one or two subjects from schedule C to make a total of five subjects
For further admissions requirements you can check under each school.Directorate of Distance Education and Open Learning
School of the Built Environment
School of Business School of Engineering
School of Mathematics and Natural Sciences School of Medicine
School of Mines and Mineral Sciences School of Natural Resources
Postgraduate Admission Requirements
Dag Hammarskjold Institute for Peace and Conflict Studies
School of Graduate Studies
FEES APPLICABLE FOR THE 2015 ACADEMIC YEAR - ANNUAL PROGRAMMES FOR FIRST YEAR OF STUDY
|SCHOOL OF BUSINESS - BBA/BAC/MKT||17,150.00|
|OTHER DEGREES - FULL TIME||22,500.00|
|SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING - EVENING||20,500.00|
|SE DEGREE EVENING||20,500.00|
|DDEOL DEGREE-SB EVENING/DISTANCE||12,524.00|
|DDEOL-SE-SBE : DIP - EVENING/DISTANCE||9,100.00|
|DDEOL DIPLOMA-SB EVENING||9,045.00|
|BBA/BAC/MKT, PURCHASING, BANKING & FINANCE (SB)||6,500.00|
|BACHELOR OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY(SMNS)||8,000.00|
|DIPLOMA IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY(SMNS)||4,000.00|
|FLATLETS BED SPACE||4,576.00|
|BED SPACE NEW HOSTELS||4,650.00|
|BED SPACE OLD HOSTELS||3,350.00|
|LATE COURSE REGISTRATION||250.00|
|EXEMPTION FEES||600.00 / COURSE|
|APPLICATIONS - UNDERGRADUATE||120.00|
|APPLICATIONS - POSTGRADUATE||150.00|
The University does not award the bursary but admit students who had been sponsored by the Government and Non-Government Organisations (NGOs). Therefore all bursary application processions should be addressed to the Ministry of Education’s Bursaries Committee
- Handwritten application letter, stating loan category
- Bursaries Committee Application Form
- Certified copy of admission letter to the University
- Certified copies of applicant’s.
- National Registration Card (NRC)
- Parents/Guardian’s National Registration Card
- Grade 12 Statement of Results
- 2 recent Passport size photographs
- Any other information to support the application.
Eligibility For The Loan
To be eligible for a student loan an individual must be:
- Zambian citizen
- School leaver up to 3 years prior to commencement of the programme
- Admitted into a degree programme at one of the local public universities.
Student Loan Package
The loan package covers the following:
- Tuition fees
- Accommodation fees
- Cost of books (Book allowance)
- Project and equipment expenses
- Student upkeep
The actual funding levels are determined by the Government through the Bursaries Committee in consultation with the universities and other relevant stakeholders.
In administering the loan scheme, students are availed the following loan options:
- 100% funding level
- 75% funding level
- 50% funding level
- 25% funding level.
Please note that only vulnerable Zambians need apply for 100% loan and are expected to attach all necessary documents in support of their vulnerability.
Conditions Of The Loan
- The loan is determined by the Bursaries Committee and is not negotiable by the students’ union,
- The loan is only valid for one academic year/semester but may be renewable on application on production of satisfactory academic results,
- Part of the loan due to the student is paid to the beneficiary through a commercial bank as funds become available,
- Candidates awarded a Student Loan are expected to meet any short fall not covered by the loan.
- Upon completion of a programme a student loanee shall be given a grace period of one year whereafter the repayment of the loan shall commence.
However, one can start the repayment of the loan even earlier.
The Secretariat of the Bursaries Committee is Located on Los Angeles Boulevard, Maxwell House Annex Building, Longacres, Lusaka
All correspondence should be addressed to:
The Secretary, Bursaries Committee, P. O. Box 50093, Lusaka
Tel : 260-1-250726/ 254720 Tel/Fax : 260-1-254720 Email :